Pages

Sunday, November 20, 2011

Rainy weekend in LA

This has been a pretty lazy weekend for me. I was lucky enough to not have any plans, so naturally I managed to stay in bed watching Waitress and Julie & Julia, and the only time I got out of bed was to go to Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf for my usual Vanilla Ceylon tea latte, and then over to the supermarket for ingredients to make my next pie venture (pictured below). Today since it was raining, I thought it would be a nice day to go window shopping. On my way home, I had a craving for sushi and went to my local Japanese restaurant. It's kind of nice just sitting at the sushi bar, ordering a couple of your favorite rolls, and just.. relaxing. With next week being Thanksgiving and all, I'm enjoying the peaceful quiet time I've been lucky enough to have.

Brown Butter Pie - This pie consists of: two cups (packed) of brown (dark or light) sugar, 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract, three eggs, and 1/2 a stick of butter.

Pre-heat the oven to 450 degrees. First, take your pie crust and place it into your pie pan. Take the 1/2 stick of butter (make sure it's room temp), and beat it until it's smooth and creamy. Add the sugar and beat it more until it's all even and mixed thoroughly. Then add the three eggs, one at a time, and finally the vanilla extract. By the time the mixture is done, the consistency should be like pudding.

Pour the mixture into the pie crust and bake for 5 minutes. Then set the temperature to 350 degrees and bake from 25-35 minutes. The pie should be done once it's nicely browned on top, slightly firm in the center, and able to wiggle a little. Take the pie out and let it cool for about 10 minutes, then serve!







Sushi today:





I love coming home to my little man:


No comments:

Post a Comment