Pages

Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Pie Time

A couple of days ago, I thought it would be fun to bake an apple galette (better known as a pie without the top crust). It was so, so simple to make. My special trick is tossing the apple filling with a little nutmeg, cinnamon and sugar. Once it’s ready to be baked and the top/edges are brushed with an egg white wash, I pour in a little cherry brandy (I found it lying around), plus a little brown sugar on top. I baked it for about 30 minutes until the crust was golden, and it was perfect! I love the rustic look of it.

Before :


After :


There was dough left over so I made a little mini apple pie pocket. I would definitely make more of these again, and hand them out as gifts. perhaps for Christmas since I’m so broke:

No comments:

Post a Comment