Pages

Friday, September 25, 2015

DIY Ice Cream Sundae Outfit


 Everyone who knows me, knows how much I love ice cream + sprinkles, and since Halloween is coming up, I thought it could be fun to create an ice cream cone costume! But then I got to thinking.. what if I created an OUTFIT that was wearable for the every day? And then I came up with this little number! Instead of creating a cherry stem for your head, I thought a simple red headband would work, and it's something you don't have to spend a lot of money on! I happened to already have one, which was helpful.

The shirt and other supplies:

I bought a simple white t-shirt at Michaels, and about five different colored felt sheets (baby blue, pink, yellow, red, and brown, 39 cents each, woop woop). I cut out three of each color into the shapes of jimmies. making sure I rounded all of the edges with my scissors. I guessed the length and width - you can make them as big or as small as you want! and hot glued them in different places all over the top half of the shirt. I would suggest laying them out in your preferred design and take a photo of it so you can remember what you did, before gluing them down. I am not the crafty type by any means, and this was honestly SO easy to make and took such little time. Once I had the shirt and the headband, I was on a hunt for a nude colored bottom that I could afford. I made a visit over to my local Forever21, and found this adorable faux leather mini skirt, and it's the perfect addition! I completed the look with a simple skinny red belt (which I already had in my closet), and put on my favorite pair of Bait Footwear flats and I feel like a walking ice cream cone and I am VERY excited about it. :) The whole DIY look cost me just under $30, and I love how it all turned out! I hope you love it, too!

and the final look! i'm obsessed!


What You'll Need:

White T-shirt (can be found at any big craft supply store)
Felt sheets in assorted colors (I bought five colors, but you can use as many/as little as you want!)
Hot glue gun + glue 
Scissors
Nude colored skirt/shorts or leggings (My skirt can be found HERE)

Optional Items: 

Red headband
Skinny belt in your color of choosing (I happen to love red - here's a cute one that's reversible! also this darling pink one here )
Pastel flats (Mine can be found HERE)  
 

No comments:

Post a Comment