Pages

Friday, May 30, 2014

Everything's Great When You're Downtown

Even though I only live about 15 minutes away from downtown, I never really venture out there. Maybe it's because of how busy it always is and the parking is not always easy to find. But every now and then, I'll get the urge to drive around, or stop to do some karaoke (my favorite place is Max Karaoke, for the record). Today, Chris and I took a trip to Little Tokyo. I'd been hearing about a cafe called Cafe Dulce and how they're know for their donuts and great coffee, so we found it and I immediately went for their strawberry jelly donut and dulce latte, which is a latte but with condensed milk. The donut, of course, was amazing (and pretty), and the latte was ok (but I'm not big on coffee in general, it gives me a stomach ache), so I had to throw most of it away. :( After that, we strolled around and found ourselves in a shop called Fairytale Fashion Boutique, which is a clothing/accessories store for any girl who loves Japanese Lolita clothing. I bought the cutest pullover sweater that's pink with baby blue bats all over it. They also sell cute little plush donuts that I was tempted to buy, but realized I would have nothing to do with them once I brought them home (except try to eat them), so I put them back. We also stopped into the grocery store so I could stock up on Pocky. All in all, it was a fun day and I'm glad we left home for a little escape downtown.

  




Ringo was kind of mad at us for being out so long, so he yelled at us with a meow



No comments:

Post a Comment