Pages

Saturday, January 7, 2012

Weekend of Rock-N-Roll

My boyfriend and his band played a show last night that was their first show in about a year (or more). I thought it would be fun to kick off the "advance cd release show" with some cupcakes. I've been known to take shortcuts with baking, like using a box cake mix (think Duncan Hines or Betty Crocker) to help me on my way. But I will say that I am against boxed frosting and choose to make my own. This time I used Magnolia Bakery's signature vanilla frosting(recipe found here - I got the idea from my favorite blog Cupcakes & Cashmere) and it came out perfect! It was honestly the easiest recipe ever and I'm definitely going to use it again. The cute little things on top are chocolate graham crackers that I cut into coffin shapes to mimic his band's album theme of nails, coffins, and well.. Creepy Crawlies (that's his band's facebook page link, by the way. I urge you to check it out.)



and the band in action:



2 comments: