Pages

Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Music of the Week




I've been going back and forth on who/what band to share next, and I've come to the conclusion that the only right thing to do is to share my love of the Spice Girls. I mean, they pretty much made me who I am today. Girl power is no joke, my friends. When they first hit the scene, I was still what they call a "tween". I was in middle school, had really short, awful bangs, giant frizzy hair, braces, and of course, zits. I knew that I was different from a lot of other girls my age (I liked to shop at vintage clothing stores and was obsessed with 1960's icons), and when I first saw the "Wannabe" video on VH1, I fell in love. The music, the outfits, the 5 different identities to choose from (I always loved Baby & Posh).. not to mention the amazing merchandise that came out of it - dolls (I still have all ten dolls. They need to be worth something someday!!), the lollipops, shirts, THE MOVIE!!, etc. I'm so happy that I re-discovered them and that I can now share my love with all of you! Here are my top three favorite videos (don't tell me you aren't amazed and/or smiling):








What memories do you have of the Spice Girls? Were you ever a fan?

2 comments: