Pages

Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Pizza Pizza

Yesterday I posted a recipe for homemade tomato sauce, and now here I am posting a recipe for homemade pizza! Yay! This pizza is probably the best pizza I've ever made, and I think mostly it's because I made almost everything myself. The crust is a cornmeal crust (which I did not make; I bought it at a local grocery store) but you can use whatever dough or pre-made crust your heart desires. You can also customize this with whatever you want, i.e. bacon, pepperoni, other veggies, etc. I happen to love caramelized onions as well as sauteed mushrooms, so I incorporated both into my recipe. One thing that really makes this pizza extra special is that it's ALMOST vegan! If I switched up the cheese to something like Daiya, it could be. I'm definitely going to try that as I love experimenting and trying new things. I hope you enjoy this as much as I love making it!


Ingredients:

1) Half a white onion (sliced longways and thin)
2) Half cup of your favorite mushrooms (cut up into slices)
3) Olive Oil (to drizzle on top of the pizza before it cooks, and to cook the veggies in)
4) Your favorite cheese (I picked shredded mozzarella and a sprinkle of parmesan)
5) Salt + Pepper
6) Rosemary (to add on top after it's finished)

* Pre-heat Oven to 425 degrees *

Step One: Cut up the onions into long, thin slices and add to the pan. Be sure to sprinkle some salt on top to make them sweat

Step Two: Once they've caramelized (about 5 min depending), add the mushrooms and cook until both are a little browned and are soft

Step Three: Add tomato sauce to the crust

Step Four: Add the cooked veggies all over the top of the pizza. Don't miss any open spots! :)

Step Five: Cheese! Add as much cheese over the top of the veggies as you'd like. Some people put some cheese on the crust before they add the veggies, but I like to do the opposite, having the cheese get golden brown on top as it's cooking in the oven. Mmm.

Step Six: Drizzle some olive oil on top of the pizza to help it brown a little on top in the oven, and some pepper

Step Seven: Cook the pizza for 12-15 min or until cooked. The cheese will be a little browned on top and the crust will be crunchy on the edges

Step Eight: Sprinkle some sprigs of rosemary on top, let cool for a little bit, and then serve! Yum!



 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment