Pages

Monday, April 15, 2013

Strawberry Milk Cake

 I'm always looking for fun new ways to spiff up basic vanilla cake. I came across this recipe the other day for Strawberry Milk Cake, which sounded heavenly, and knew I had to try it. What makes it a strawberry cake is the use of strawberry milk instead of regular milk for the cake batter. The original recipe is pretty much spot-on, but for me personally, I had to adjust the temperature and baking time. I baked the cakes at 325 degrees, and let them bake for 22 minutes in a convection oven. If you are baking in a regular oven, I would say to stick to the 350 degrees/35 minute rule, but check on the cake five minutes early. I also added red holiday sprinkles to give it a festive touch, and fresh strawberries and blackberries on top for added freshness. The frosting was more of a whipped cream, as it didn't need powdered sugar. The result was lighter and not as sweet, in fact it was a bit tangy from the cream cheese. This is easily the best cake I have ever made, and next weekend I'm going to play around with the recipe so you may just see a similar cake post soon :)




[my boyfriend's nonna is amazing! just look at how much fun she was having while we were baking!]





No comments:

Post a Comment