Pages

Thursday, December 8, 2011

John Lennon

Today marks the 31st anniversary of John Lennon's death. Though I wasn't alive when it happened, I still feel a large amount of sadness. I grew up listening to The Beatles and at one point was actually obsessed. I had pictures of them everywhere, all over my walls. They were all I listened to. I went to London with my mom and dragged her around to all of the famous Beatles "spots" including Abbey Road, taking a train to Liverpool to see where they grew up, etc. etc. John has always been my favorite. I like his sense of humor, I like his songwriting, and I like him as a person. I purchased his solo box set when I was fifteen and it changed my life. This is my tribute to a wonderful songwriter and a great man. If he were still alive today, he would be 71.

No comments:

Post a Comment