Pages

Tuesday, February 12, 2019

Recipe: Princesstårta Cupcakes


Everyone who knows me knows about my undying love for princess cake, known as princesstårta in Sweden. It's a layered cake consisting of alternating layers of sponge cake, raspberry jam, pastry cream, whipped cream, and the outside is covered in delicious marzipan which gives the cake a smooth shape. It's usually decorated with a few pink roses and a sprinkling of powdered sugar to top everything off. Since Valentine's Day is almost here, I thought it would be fun to share my own version of princesstårta but in cupcake form! And you know what? It wasn't difficult like I thought it would be! I found the original recipe HERE and made my own modifications to it so feel free to use the one I linked as the base for when you try it.

If I wanted to follow the recipe exactly, I would have bought a roll of marzipan and cut out round circles to cover the top of the cupcakes, but since I love frosting so much, I decided to add some almond flavoring to the frosting instead and it tasted nearly the same. The roses were store bought but you can make them yourself if you wish! Unlike the recipe, I did not add the cream on top of the cupcake (underneath the marzipan) as the original recipe described. Instead I whipped a little bit of it into the frosting.


Most of the cupcakes were gone before I could attempt a photo to show the middle, but here's my best effort (taken at night in different lighting)! Nothing like a sweet fruity surprise!


I definitely recommend trying these if you want to get a taste of princesstårta without having to make a whole cake. Have you ever tried princesstårta? What's your favorite kind of cake? Comment below!


No comments:

Post a Comment