Pages

Tuesday, March 13, 2018

Snow, Snow, Go Away


Outfit Details

Velvet Bow Hairclip - Crown & Glory
Telephone Dress - Smak Parlour
Faux Leather Jacket - Forever21 (old but here's another cute option)
Hazel Lace Boots - Dasia

Oh, March. You are one confusing month here in Sweden. One minute you're sunny and (fairly?) warm and the next it's snowing and really dark and cold! What giiiiives. Ok, ok. I know. You can't help it. But to this sunny Los Angeles girl, it's starting to get really annoying. And there's only so much one can do to occupy themselves when the weather is not cooperating. Since I know there are many of you reading who are suffering from similar weather, I thought I'd gather up a list of things I like to do to keep the positive vibes going until the sun comes out again!

1. Buy a puzzle. Max and I decided to buy a 1,000 piece puzzle recently. It's a Where's Waldo puzzle and the theme of the puzzle is carnival, and it is actually really hard. The people in the pieces are microscopic which makes it impossible to tell what anything is, but it's a GREAT way to pass the time, and it feels great when you complete it! Bonus points if you and your partner don't fight while doing it. We actually work really well together which makes it more fun.

2. Try out a new recipe. I love food, and I love to cook. I try to make a new recipe every week, and I love the idea of running into the grocery store to shop for all of the ingredients and then bringing them home and diving right in. I recently made sweet potato chili (recipe HERE) and we absolutely loved it. It not only made the apartment smell divine, but it was delicious and so easy.

3. Take a mini road trip. This one might be more challenging if you're in an actual snowstorm or blizzard (so if that's the case, maybe consider skipping it!) but on the days when it's just kind of cold and boring, I like to get out of town and discover a new one! Max and I sometimes get in the car and turn on some music, and just.. drive! Most of the time we end up just driving around our town, but sometimes we'll go a little further out and discover really killer areas to shoot in or to mark in our heads to go back to later..

4. Movie marathon. I'm sure this is an obvious one, but picking a theme of films and watching 2 or 3 is a great way to kill some time and stay cozy indoors. Since Max and I are planning our upcoming trip to Paris, we are only watching movies that take place in Paris right now. Some of our favorites: Funny Face, Midnight in Paris and Marie Antoinette. If you want to take it a step further, create a spreadsheet of all the movies you've seen with your individual scores of each of them. It's fun to look back on later and to see which movies you both like the most and least.





No comments:

Post a Comment