Pages

Tuesday, February 19, 2013

De-constructed chicken pot pie

One of my all-time favorite types of food has always been comfort food. There's something amazing about the fact that a warm dish can make you feel so satisfied. I recently came across a recipe (here) for chicken pot pie that does not include the typical puff pastry crust around the top. Instead, you layer buttered egg/country white bread in a single layer, and bake until you get a perfect golden crust. It's less bread (you can pick and choose as much or as little as you want to have), and to me, it's more delicious. Don't mind the fact that I had already eaten a big bowlful before taking this picture. It is really that good, and so easy to prepare! I highly recommend this for a quiet, cold night in, or to bring to a pot luck dinner with friends.



No comments:

Post a Comment