Pages

Wednesday, October 1, 2014

The Perfect Fall Recipe: Braised Short Ribs



 I have a confession to make: I watch The Chew regularly on ABC. It's the first show I turn on when I get home from a long day at work. Aside from being super entertaining (they play so many games, and they're all so funny!), the food they make looks killer. I always save my favorite episodes so that I can go back and try my hand at the recipes later. I recently watched an episode where Michael Symon (of the famed Lola restaurant in Cleveland, OH) cooked this dish, and I knew I HAD to try my hand at it. I am a lover of short ribs, and I've never braised anything before, so the challenge just got me totally excited, plus it's perfect for fall since October is, well, today! It actually was one of the easiest meals I've ever made because it cooks in one pot!

Notes / /

I stuck to the recipe pretty much 100% but I bought less short ribs than the recipe called for because only two people would be eating it (I mean I bought only 2 pounds when the recipe called for 5! Pretty big difference, I would say), and reduced the other ingredients as well. The recipe also called for a cook time of three hours in the oven, but I took mine out after 2.5 hours, because I was worried it would burn (and it didn't - it was perfect!) I think I must have forgotten to not put as much flour in, as well, because the sauce was SUPER thick, but it was so, so delicious. I can't wait to have this for leftovers tomorrow!

On the side, I just cooked up some simple brown rice and added a little olive oil, salt + pepper.

For the full recipe and more great fall dinner ideas, visit The Chew's website and enjoy my photos below!



No comments:

Post a Comment