Pages

Tuesday, March 27, 2018

Exploring Colorful Smögen


Outfit Details


Before I ever visited Sweden, I had always pictured the homes to look like something out of the Pippi Långstrump series: bright and colorful surrounded by, well, nature.

Like this:




And I wasn't far off, actually! Many of the homes here are painted a bright yellow or red (sometimes green or blue), but I haven't seen much else variation so far. That is until Max drove me to Smögen, a small boating town around 40 minutes from where we live in Strömstad. The town is actually pretty similar to ours; they have a big dock, a boardwalk with restaurants, cobblestone-lined streets and the like, but one thing that we don't have and that they excel at is their insanely beautiful array of rainbow boat houses! When I first saw them, I couldn't believe my eyes. The first time I saw them, it was late May, so not quite summer yet. The restaurants weren't open, and there weren't many people around. It was the same situation this time around, but honestly, I enjoy the quiet and having this amazing backdrop all to myself.

For this blog post, I'm wearing my favorite Swedish clothing brand, Jumper Fabriken. They have locations both in Gothenburg and Stockholm. I actually stumbled into the Stockholm location on my first visit to Sweden last year, and fell head over heels in love with their 60s-inspired dresses, striped boat-neck tops, and pastel slip-on clogs. Since I was nearing the end of my trip, I was a bit low on cash and chose to not buy anything that day, but man, I thought about that store for WEEKS after, and kicked myself for not writing down the name. After about, what felt like a hundred google street view searches, I found a shop that was nearby, wrote to them and asked if they knew of "the shop with the pink clogs", and lo and behold, they sent me a link to Jumper and the rest is history!


I had been wanting a feminine a-line skirt that I could tuck a sweater into, and one that cut above the knees, and this one happens to fit me perfectly. It also has a polka dot lining which is just the cutest detail and goes to show how much thought is put into each piece by Jumper Fabriken. The cornflower blue shade of the sweater caught my eye right away and I love that it's not too thick so it's easy to tuck. It would also be cute with a pair of jeans as well. I plan on wearing this outfit all spring long, and when the weather finally lets up (we have our days but not enough, sadly!), I will be transitioning to flats, something I am very excited about! Haha.



I hope you check out their clothes and treat yourself to an amazing Swedish brand! And if you order a piece, be sure to tag me on Instagram so I can see how cute you look in your new outfit!

xoxo, Jenna

2 comments:

  1. I adore your outfit. So cute and perfect for spring.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I love Jumper Fabriken - they're a great swedish brand :)

      Delete