Pages

Friday, June 5, 2015

Happy National Donut Day!


It's here it's here! My favorite sugary day of the year! There's something just SO happy about little fried balls of dough that are covered in sprinkles and frosting. I've fully embraced this evergrowing trend, and I love it! I thought it would be fun to make little mini donuts after I discovered this cute little donut maker I forgot that I had, and then I thought they would look SUPER cute on top of cupcakes!

I took the funfetti vanilla cupcake recipe from Magnolia Bakery and the recipe called for two types of flour - cake flour as well as self rising flour, and let me tell you - wow. They are jumbo and so fluffy! I'm going to do that with all of my cupcakes from now on! The frosting is store bought, which I'm not proud of, but hey, I had to cut corners somewhere. The donut recipe is a basic one that you can find if you look up "baked mini donuts" and it includes nutmeg, which I'm not a huge fan of, but they were tasty!

Also, thanks to Urbanic for having the loveliest backdrop for my cupcakes, Toot Sweet for the little plates, and to Meri Meri for the adorable temp tattoos that I used as decoration for my table!

I can't get over how itty bitty these guys are! I'm obsessed!


Sources:

Paper and Plates- Urbanic / Toot Sweet
Temporary Tattoos- Purchased at Urbanic, designed by Meri Meri
Cupcake Liners and Sprinkles- Sur La Table
Recipe for cupcakes- via POPSUGAR

AND FINALLY... congrats to the winner of the Instagram contest that I've been co-hosting with Karen of Little Sweet Thing! The lucky lady won herself some of my favorite pieces that Karen makes, including donut earrings, a donut ring, AND donut bobbi pins! Yay! Hope you enjoy!

1 comment: