Pages

Saturday, February 7, 2015

I Heart You



 Now that we're exactly week away from Valentine's Day, I thought it would be appropriate to share the cutest cakes ever. And the best part is - I got everything at Target so the whole shebang was super easy to put together. Target the best one-stop-shop for all things holiday. I love that the cake pans made the cakes so thick and the batter made them so moist! I'm all about baking from scratch, but sometimes it's nice to cut corners, don't you think? Bake up some of these little guys and give them to your guy, lady pals, parents, siblings, or random person on the street. They're sure to be a crowd pleaser!

The supplies, courtesy of Target, except for the tablecloth which I picked up at Party City last year, and the LOVE Sparklers which I bought from Lolli and Pops from yesterday's post):

 
The cake is a regular box cake mix, and the frosting is cream cheese blended up with some powdered sugar and a little almond milk to make it a little less thick. It's the perfect combination!

 


What's better than a champagne cocktail to go with the delicious chocolate cake? I paired my favorite Sofia champagne with a little grenadine to give it a red coloring, and dropped a raspberry into it for a little extra red. And it's delicious!

 

If you're not into the champagne & grenadine route, I also put together my favorite drink of them all: a French 75! If you're never had one, it's an absolute must. It's a mix of champagne, gin, lemon juice and simple syrup. I poured it into my favorite wine goblet that I purchased at the Madonna Inn.


And no Valentine's Day cocktail + desserts hour can be complete without a little cat fluff



No comments:

Post a Comment